With each passing year, humidity levels in India are increasing. The Sun keeps shining on us brightly, especially in summers. It means that our skin needs more protection as sunrays are becoming more powerful. That is why if you are hiding your sunscreen in your bag or closet, it’s time to get it out.
It is best to make sunscreen a part of your daily skincare routine, no matter what the weather is. If you think, using sunscreen in winters is not important, think again? During winters, we soak up a lot of sun rays to keep warm, and that means your skin is directly exposed to the UV rays.
The sun is shining brightly up there, and you need to be extra careful before stepping out in the sun. If you do not apply sunscreen with the right amount of SPF, you could do a lot of damage to the DNA of the skin cells & pore. So applying sunscreen every time you expose your skin to the sun is a good habit.
Benefits of using sunscreen
- It protects your skin from both UVA and UVB rays.
- UVA rays make your skin look old as it can give fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots. It passes through the glass, so if you are wearing sunscreen while driving, your skin will get damaged.
- UVB rays burn your skin, but it cannot pass through glass. A sunblock can help with UBA rays as well.
- Sunscreen protects your skin from getting discolored or sagging. It also maintains your skin tone.
Which sunscreen is the best for my skin?
Get yourself a sunscreen that works for your skin type and doesn’t meddle with your skin issues like acne, or blemishes. But what is the best SPF sunscreen for your skin? I am going to review three sunscreens, which has got the best ratings and review on Amazon, Nykaa, Myntra and other beauty websites. Decide which is meant for your skin tone, and go with that.
Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen Matte Gel pa+++, SPF 50
Lotus Herbals sunscreen has a high SPF. The higher the SPF, the higher is the protection you have from the Sun rays! Lotus has been one of the most used Sunscreen to date. If you have acne-prone skin, a gel-form would be a good option. This formula is very hydrating and lightweight. It goes on easily, and it’s not sticky. Built with organic and natural ingredients, this product will rarely disappoint you.
- Great value for its price.
- Smells amazing.
- Gives a matte finish to your skin tone.
- Blends quickly with the skin.
- Primarily based on Gel formula so your skin feels light
- High SPF.
- Not suitable for acne-prone skin.
- Not suitable for dry skin.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 55
It is one of the most popular sunscreen lotions. Neutrogena is the best sunscreen for protection and it works well on every skin tone. Also, it’s great under makeup! Get full protection and a flawless canvas year-round with this multi-tasking sunblock lotion.
- Best for all skin types
- Doesn’t make your face creamy
- Oil-free formula
- Feels very gentle on the face
- Matte finish
- Brightens the skin
Lakme Sun Expert SPF 50 PA+++ Ultra Matte Lotion Sunscreen
Lakme Sun Expert SPF 50 PA +++ protects your skin from harmful UV rays by getting absorbed in the skin entirely. It feels light on the skin and is best for normal to dry skin.
- Long-wear- 12-hour protection
- Blends easily onto skin
- Non-Sticky and Light formulation
- Good Fragrance-Lemon Grass
- Takes time to get absorbed fully on the skin
My favorite: All these three sunscreens are amazing and the best. The best sunblock for my skincare routine is Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen Matte Gel pa+++, SPF 50, 100g. I have been using it for ages, and I love the protection it provides to my skin.
To apply: Take a decent amount of sunscreen and apply on your face, neck, back, arms and legs. If you are taking a trip to the beach, don’t forget to apply it all over the body.
Note: Before you buy a sunscreen, take a look at the SPF number. This will determine how long the sun will protect you.
Enjoy Your Sunny day! 👒
Keep Loving! Keep Following!